|Easy To Use|
|Total Downtime||30 Minutes||2 Hours|
KITEAID’s relative advantages are based on extensive research & development, which has produced technically superior solutions that effectively address the respective challenges of kite and bladder repair:
The inspiration for KITEAID SAIL REPAIR comes from the world of aerospace, where heat-sensitive adhesives are favoured due to their remarkable properties:
- First and foremost, KITEAID SAIL REPAIR’s heat-sensitive adhesive material basically requires no curing time. That means that you can be back in the water as soon as the product is applied.
- With its hot iron application, KITEAID SAIL REPAIR creates a mechanical interlock, with the adhesive penetrating the fibres of the kite material to form an exceptionally strong and durable bond.
- The thick, flexible KITEAID SAIL REPAIR membrane creates a barrier against shearing forces and optimizes peel resistance ― the inherent weakness of any adhesive joint ― by ensuring adhesive propagation near the edges.
- Unlike solvent-based products, KITEAID SAIL REPAIR doesn’t degrade over time (or release harmful solvents into the environment). It maintains its performance characteristics despite exposure to UV light, rain, salt water and other elements. The non-tacky nature of the product also promotes long-term adhesion, as it doesn’t attract dirt and other particles that can deteriorate the bond over time.
KITEAID BLADDER REPAIR is an advanced adhesive solution that outperforms the competition on a number of key attributes:
- The permanent adhesive compound creates a superior, durable bond, unlike less effective rubber-based adhesives that deteriorate over time and UV exposure.
- KITEAID BLADDER REPAIR doesn’t stretch or wrinkle, making it easier to apply. Unlike other repair patches, this one can be repositioned during application. That means you can always adjust an imprecise application.
- The thicker gauge material actually adds structural support around the area where a blow-out originates, essentially acting like a mechanical splint to help prevent recurring damage.